LWV Program - Emergencies in the Richardson Area
Where can I find video of the March 29, 2016, public program?
Emergencies in the Richardson Area
On Tuesday, March 29, 2016, the League of Women Voters of Richardson presented an educational public program titled:
Emergencies in the Richardson Area: What to expect, How to prepare, How to help
Our overall goal in presenting this program was threefold:
1. We wanted members of the audience to gain a greater understanding of the role of government (including schools and colleges) in emergencies and disasters.
2. We wanted to provide the audience with information about how they can help their communities prepare through engagement with volunteer opportunities.
3. We wanted to provide the audience with information about personal preparedness for themselves and their families, whether at home, school, or work.
The moderator of the program was Lanet Greenhaw, a member of the Richardson Independent School District Board of Trustees.
- Mistie Gardner, Emergency Management Coordinator for the City of Richardson;
- Luther Robertson, Safety & Security Coordinator for the Richardson ISD; and
- Lisa Tatum, Senior Manager, Disaster Preparedness, VolunteerNow.
The League of Women Voters of Richardson prepared three handouts with links to additional sources of information related to emergencies:
To view a printable flyer with information about this program, click here
To view the panelists' and moderator's biographical information, click here.